The Fraud Prevention team conducts investigations relating to passenger tickets, inflight duty free sales, brand loyalty points and frequent flyer miles. It also assists in recovering associated losses and develops measures to prevent fraud within the aviation industry.
In addition, the unit provides technical support on fraud-related matters, assists travel agents with fraud issues and responds to queries from worldwide law enforcement agencies regarding passengers and cargo that have been transported by Emirates.
With an extensive fraud prevention network both within and outside of the UAE, the unit managed to save or recover AED 89 million in the year 2007 to 2008.
The Fraud Prevention team's main responsibilities are to:
- Prevent ticket frauds
- Prevent credit card frauds
- Prevent frequent flyer frauds
- Respond to queries from law enforcement agencies regarding passengers and cargo
- Prevent serious financial frauds.
- Maintain liaison with law enforcement agencies and banks on economic crimes
- Conduct specialised fraud prevention courses